Powell AcresA sustainable farm owned by John and Sherri Powell for the healthy production of pastured beef, pork, and chicken, as well as vegetables, fruit and nuts grown naturally, without added chemicals, unless approved by OMRI.
Here on the farm things are starting to wake up. The elderberries are putting out more leaves, The apricot tree, peach tree, plum trees, cherry trees, and regular pear trees are in bloom. The daffodils and forsythia are also in bloom. The lettuce seedlings have just popped out of the ground.
In the kitchen garden, the fennel has come up, and the comfrey is emerging.
We are continuing to work on the camper a little at a time. John has been working on the back end, rebuilding the bottom of the upper bedroom cabinet and reworking the lights. He has also started adding back in some insulation and repairing the back wall.
I have used some Homax Tough as Tile to resurface the tub, bathroom sink and toilet lid. I am happy with the way it has turned out. I left the faucet, as I am planning to paint that silver. I have plans also to resurface the countertop. The scent of it is strong, but thankfully I was working outdoors.
I have also built a slide out sofa/bed in the front of the camper that will have bins underneath it for storage. In order to do that, I had to take out a small outside storage closet. I used a screwdriver to permanently lock it, added some interior trim with glue and brad nails so I would have a surface to nail to, put in some insulation, and added some veneer over the top of that space.
The slide out sofa bed construction idea was taken from a conglomerate of several youtube videos, as well as considering the space we have, the cushions we were using from the old dinette, and simplifying it to use bin storage underneath. The pictures show the pulled out position with and without cushions, and the pushed in position with the cushions, along with the new sofa pillows. I was pleased that there seems to be plenty of room in both positions for the planned electric fireplace. I am also planning some table space, so stay tuned.
The pillows were made from a thrift store bathrobe, some leftover stuffing from an old pillow, and some of the leftover bathrobe fabric was used in making the tassels, for a grand total of $1. I wanted them to be comfy and as that whole area will have a background of white, it will tone down the print of the dinette cushions that I recovered, as well as help it to blend in. The couch will still be sanded and painted white.
In between projects while waiting for things to dry, etc., I have been adding primer as I have had time mostly in the kitchen area.
Lastly, I will leave you with a picture showing how much the tomatoes have matured. Sadly, our peppers have not emerged, so we are probably looking at purchasing pepper plants this year.